"Ignore all proffered rules and create your own, suitable for what you want to say"
"Look for your own. Do not do what someone else could do as well as you. Do not say, do not write what someone else could say, could write as well as you. Care for nothing in yourself but what you feel exists nowhere else. And, out of yourself create, impatiently or patiently, the most irreplaceable of beings."
"I want my place, my own place, my true place in the world, my proper sphere, my thing which Nature intended me to perform when she fashioned me thus awry, and which I have vainly sought all my life-time."
"All mankind is of one author, and is one volume; when one man dies, one chapter is not torn out of the book, but translated into a better language; and every chapter must be so translated"
Saturday, December 11, 2010
17 Important Questions
(1) When did the infection start?
(2) Is it localized or has it spread?
(3) Do you retain control of all motor functions?
(4) Is there a voice in your head? What is it telling you to do?
(5) When did the doors start appearing? Before or after the voice?
(6) Would you call your apartment or other living space empty or crowded?
(7) If crowded, what is making it so cluttered?
(8) If empty, who emptied it, and why?
(9) When the green light appeared, did you assume you’d suffered a failure of vision?
(10) Were you able to identify whether the screaming was internal or external without someone else telling you?
(11) Was it just a green light or was someone there?
(12) How did you communicate?
(13) Did you go any place special? If so, what did you see?
(14) Do you have nightmares unlike the nightmares you had before?
(15) Did you find the characters in the book compelling or too static?
(16) Was the setting fully developed? What real-world places did it remind you of?
(17) Do you feel at peace now…or is something nagging at you?